Obviously this phone was powered by a lithium ebattery….when Lithium cells explode they do so at a temperature of about 1100 degrees. (Lithium bburns upon contact with oxygen).
A few days ago, a person was recharging his mobile phone at home. Just at that time a call came in and he answered it with the Instrument still connected to the outlet.. After a few seconds electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained and the young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud. His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival. Cell phones are a very useful modern invention.